Browse Author - Tim Sweeney
The registered version of Super ZZT, generally considered a poor man's ZZT. You'll need it to play any Super ZZT games you might find, though.
"ZZT, Super ZZT, Revenge of ZZT, & Best of ZZT."
This has been added for nostalgic purposes--to show what the earlier version of ZZT looked like. We recommend not using this for playing OR editing games, though it is worth a look.
This is the newest version of ZZT, and it is the one you should use to play and edit games. It includes documentation and the 6 original ZZT worlds (Town, Caves, Dungeons, Underground City, Tour and Demo).
An unofficial release of ZZT that fixes some bugs and increases limits. Board sizes can now be 32k. The bottom row #put bug is fixed. Water no longer plays a sound when touched.
The final release in the ZZT 4.x series
Released during the Glorious Trainwrecks' Glorious Weekend of ZZT Blitzkrieg-o-thon 5/11/2012.
* ZZT's 20k board limit has been increased to 65k.
* ZZT's bottom-row placement bug has been fixed.
* ZZT is now 39k.
* untitled.zzt, temp.brd, and saved.sav will no longer be the default. Now by default you must put in a name of your own. This means no more angst over accidentally saving over your last board, saved game, or ZZT project.
* 255 objects per board, 255 boards per zzt world.
* Removed most in-game messages and sound effects. Kept the item pick-up messages and the invisible wall sound and message.
* The game no longer crashes if your cursor accidentally wanders off the board when using f4 in the editor. (If you continue typing off into oblivion, though, it will still crash)