Browse - Modified Executable
Uploaded files which contain one or more modified versions of (Super) ZZT. In the past these were made by hex editing the official ZZT v3.2 release to mute sounds, suppress messages, and increase memory allocation. Today modifications to ZZT are done at the source level by making changes to The Reconstruction of ZZT and Super code-bases. At this time, newly created custom modifications to ZZT made are recommended to be bundled with worlds designed for them.
*Bear With Me* is a ZZT world created for the game jam:
It is inspired by the aesthetics of *City of ZZT* and takes the form of a classic ZZT purple key hunting adventure. Except you have to escort a bear the entire time.
If the bear is harmed the game instantly ends. Have fun! Maybe!
A modification of ZZT which removes the sound effect played when the player touches water, as well as the messages from touching water, fake walls, or forest.
Modified ZZT.EXE that removes the water sound and the messages for water, fakes and forest just like CleanZZT, but without disrupting other message and sound routines when you touch them (via modified Reconstruction of ZZT source code)!
A modified version of ZZT which makes a few changes to the game's graphics and ZZT-OOP syntax. MWZZT uses unique extensions to prevent compatibility issues of loading ZZT/MWZZT in the other program. The only MWZZT game produced, a version of Town of ZZT with minor graphical upgrades is included.
An update of Nanobot's custom ZZT executable. This tweaks some colors as well to allow for all foreground colors to be created in ZZT-OOP via clever #change commands
Weave 2.2c is here!
This is the "Soft" Weave, keeping the same logic as ZZT 3.2, bugs and all, but giving you some control over how things look and the quantities associated with items.
Weave 2.2e is here!
This is the "Firm" Weave, using the same code pathways as ZZT 3.2, with fixed bugs, the same control over colors, messages and sounds as SoftWeave, and some expanded options for your ZZT worlds with a few added commands, directions, and other features. Check out FIRMDEMO for more info.
An unofficial release of ZZT that fixes some bugs and increases limits. Board sizes can now be 32k. The bottom row #put bug is fixed. Water no longer plays a sound when touched.
The final release in the ZZT 4.x series
Released during the Glorious Trainwrecks' Glorious Weekend of ZZT Blitzkrieg-o-thon 5/11/2012.
* ZZT's 20k board limit has been increased to 65k.
* ZZT's bottom-row placement bug has been fixed.
* ZZT is now 39k.
* untitled.zzt, temp.brd, and saved.sav will no longer be the default. Now by default you must put in a name of your own. This means no more angst over accidentally saving over your last board, saved game, or ZZT project.
* 255 objects per board, 255 boards per zzt world.
* Removed most in-game messages and sound effects. Kept the item pick-up messages and the invisible wall sound and message.
* The game no longer crashes if your cursor accidentally wanders off the board when using f4 in the editor. (If you continue typing off into oblivion, though, it will still crash)
ZZT 3.2 hex-edited to bypass the input and color selection screens.