♦ Livestream of the following 5 ZZT worlds and 1 NES romhack. Originally streamed on April 2nd, 2023 ♦
• (0:00) "Kane's Maze" by Maddog (2000) [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/kanesmaz/]
• (4:28) "Maze" by Jem Games (2023) [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/maze1/]
• (13:16) "Mazes and Puzzles for the Expert" by GAMEBOYJBF [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/maze8/]
• (23:02) "Mazes (v1.0)" by Daniel Tiernan [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/dtmazes/]
• (40:10) "Puzzles" by Pyro184 [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/puzzles/]
• (1:01:34) End of Ad Break 1
• (1:02:22) "Mario ZZT" by Bill (2000) [https://museumofzzt.com/file/view/mariozzt/]
Getting a whole lot of games I wasn't looking forward to out of the way under the guise of an "April Fool's Day" stream (well, April 2nd). The theme is maze games. There are too many maze games. This was washed down was a palette cleanser of a good game in the form of a Super Mario Bros. romhack for the NES themed after ZZT!
Pros: Single board. Wide hallways. Felt more action focused than maze-like.
Cons: Yellow borders. Still a maze. No ending.
Pros: Has a story. Has a secret second board. Objects do the grinding for you by shooting each other. Registered version is pretty affordable.
Cons: Requires grinding for gems. Bugged object makes it impossible to get the key you need to reach the exit. Also the exit isn't programmed.
Mazes and Puzzles for the expert:
Pros: GAMEBOYJBF. 3 points for touching the white smiley face.
Cons: Touch the objects until you find the one that reveals a path. Lots of game overs.
Pros: Multiple levels. Messages from the author congratulate you as you progress. Friendly centipedes.
Cons: Five mazes long. Mazes are indeed maze-like. Can't get the secret bonus the game really tries to hype up.
Pros: Transporter maze.
Cons: First level takes forever. Invisible mazes. Dark mazes. Invisible items in dark mazes. FAKE WALL MAZES. Turns out it was a duplicate and I didn't actually have to stream this one.
Super Mario ZZT:
This one was fun, even if SOME PEOPLE didn't think I could beat the game. Play as ASCII and rescue Princess ZZT(?) It's just a reskin of Mario 1 but seeing the sprite changes and lack of sprite changes made it entertaining to run through. Until the end when I managed to hit a rewind feature and could not figure out how to stop it in this random little emulator that genuinely makes no mention of rewind in any of its limited menus!